It’s that time of the year when we write our resolutions down for the coming year. Now, as a photographer and full-time creative, my resolutions focus more on my business but for the sake remaining sane, I’ll add a few personal ones to the list.
Before I go into my new resolutions, let’s remember my resolutions for 2017 and see how I did:
- No, I didn’t reduce my working hours but I worked out a very disciplined work routine and schedule.
- Yes, I’m happy that social media hasn’t eaten my brains! I’ve read tons this year and learned so much about the things that interest me.
- Yes, I’m comfortable writing and sharing all these whacky ideas with you.
- Yes, I’m much more focused and waste less time procrastinating. I’m very proud of this!
- Think less shoot more… That didn’t work out very well! A year ago I was still obsessed with becoming a street photography super-star; now I’ve realized I have other talents and I’m better at other genres than street photography
- Email less, chat more? Yes, I’ve become a bit more sociable and more comfortable talking to people, but at the same time, I became much more selective about who I want to talk to.
- Give something back. Yes, I’m working on it and I want this blog to be a helpful platform for freelancers starting out or help them with their struggles.
Now for 2018, I thought of getting a continuation or improvement of these resolutions more than coming up with different ones. Here’s what I’d like to achieve:
- Focus on what I’m good at. Last year I started a couple of things that failed massively, the time, energy and money wasted wasn’t worth it so none of that this year!
- Be much more organized. I’ve asked a couple of very successful friends what does their weekly schedule looks like. Then I studied their schedules and came up with a plan on how to have a very productive week… post about it coming soon!
- Excercise every day. It’s just a personal challenge and it’s about getting fit… fit to eat more cheese, more chocolate, more mussels and more chilaquiles.
- Explore. And see where my creative thinking leads me. Either with my client’s work or with my personal projects, I’d like to explore new horizons on my photography.
- Learn pottery. Yes, I’d like to do my own cups, plates and mugs.
- Keep the balance. Late in 2017 I found my balance between work and personal life, I’d like to keep that balance throughout the year.
- Give something back. Same as last year, I’d like to help those starting up or struggling so I’m looking at blogging more about life as a freelancer and I’m launching a series on food photography lessons on Brighton Food Photography.
Have you got any resolutions or any big plans for next year?
Is there anything you would like to see more of here on my blog?
Drop me a line and let me know.
Happy new year!